As the end of the school year is fast approaching, along with the freedom that summer provides, the Lake Michigan Tech Conference wanted to share with you five reasons why you should attend this year’s annual conference! Plus, our last post detailed a scholarship for you and friend to attend!
- Strands: Arguably, moving from a two-day event to a one-day event may be the largest change in this year’s conference, but we would like to offer up this year’s inclusion of the three strands. The three strands of K-8 Literacy, Assessment, and STEM, allow you to clearly focus on items that are important to you so that you can maximize your time here by choosing sessions that you can take back with you to your classroom.
- The Sessions: Holy cow! Have you had a chance to look at this year’s list of sessions? They are amazing! If you haven’t, you can do so here. This year, we have the best edition of the conference thus far, with amazing #michED speakers on topics that are fresh, relevant, and extremely useful in our classrooms!
- The Middle: Look, we don’t really want to start talking about the fall right now either, but truth be told, it is coming and will be here before you know it. The Lake Michigan Tech Conference falls pretty much in the middle of the summer, allowing you about six weeks to decompress and then one day of amazing professional learning and growth, then six weeks to plan and get ready to implement your new learning.
- Connect with Others: Education is not done in a silo. In fact, I would venture to guess that there are many other teachers having some of the same issues that you have in your classroom. The Lake Michigan Tech Conference gives you an awesome opportunity to connect with others in districts near and far to learn how they handle similar situations. Strength comes in the form of numbers!
- The Learning: Going to step out on a limb here, but if you are like us, you love to learn. The Lake Michigan Tech Conference is an excellent opportunity to learn some new tips and tricks to talk back to your classroom. Bring some friends and divide and conquer the sessions and head back to your school and look like a total education rock star with your new ideas, tips, and strategies! You can get that all from this year’s event.
Bonus Tip: While you may or may not have noticed, we do a custom sticker for your laptop, water bottle, or other flat surfaces. This year’s design is going to be unique, hip, and very cool. In fact, it is currently being worked on as we speak to get it just right as part of your awesome swag.