First and foremost, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe during this time. We wish you the healthiest and safest time until we can see you next!
While there seems to be so much uncertainty surrounding much of society right now, we wanted to give you something hopeful to look forward to! We are excited to announce the 4th annual Lake Michigan Technology Conference! This summer, we are beyond excited to welcome you to Saint Joseph High School in Saint Joseph, Michigan for this year’s event on August 6th, 2020.
We introduced themes to last year’s event, and we are very excited about this year’s theme, the Professional Learning Community process. This year, the strands will be based off of Dr. DuFour’s PLC questions. More specifically, how technology can help answer Dr. DuFour’s questions:
- What Do We Want Students To Know?
- This strand will include sessions on purposeful planning for integration of technology, different technology integration models and evaluation tools, and more.
- How Will We Know Student Know It?
- This strand will include sessions on assessment tools using technology, strategies for assessing students, projects, and more.
- How Will We Respond When Students Don’t Know It?
- Not everyone gets it the first time. And that’s okay! This strand will include sessions on personalized learning, differentiation, remediation, and response to intervention strategies using technology, and more.
- What Will We Do When Students Know It?
- The final question is all about what we will do when our students know what we want them to know. This strand will include extension activities, ways technology can push students, and more.
We will also be hosting a Google Crash Course strand for increasing proficiency with tools that are associated with G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Classroom, etc.) and ChromeOS on Chromebooks. These will be a basic, introduction, and maximization of the tools available that are currently available to users within the Google ecosystem.
We are beyond excited to bring this event to you this year. With everything that has been happening, it will be extremely exciting to come together and and collaborate around a common idea.
We are in search of facilitators for these questions or topics. If you are interested in being part of the team that presents at the 4th Annual Lake Michigan Tech Conference, please use the button below. The Call for Facilitators will be open until May 31st, 2020.